Friday, November 8, 2013

Interview: Max Collins | Eve 6 | Bassist/Vocalist


Max Collins is best known for being the bassist and lead vocalist of Eve 6. This year he released his first solo album hoping to start a new chapter in his music career.

“I figured that now was the time to open myself up to solo career,” Collins said. “Whether you feel it or not you just have to open yourself up to it. You have to learn to be inspired by your inner creativity.”

Collins was able to make this album through the support of his fans on Pledgemusic. “It is nice with today’s technology to have direct access to my fans,” Collins said. “Social media keeps everyone in the loop of what I am doing at any given time.”

When asked how Collins first got into music, he said, “I was thirteen when I got my first bass guitar. A friend of my mom was just throwing it out. I was already obsessed with rock n’ roll as a kid, so I decided to give bass a try.”

Collins’ rock n’ roll obsession all started with one song. “’Running Down a Dream’ by Tom Petty really moved me,” Collins said. “It was like magic. After that, I knew what I wanted to do with my life.”

Early influences for Collins came mostly through the radio. “I listened to a lot of classic rock stations growing up,” Collins said. “Later on I discovered punk rock and it was as if I found a new identity. Punk opened a whole new world and subculture to me.”

Singing came to Collins later on. “I didn’t realize I could sing,” Collins said. “One day I suggested a vocal idea to the band and really heard myself sing for the first time. It was instantly suggested that I should take over on vocals.”

Collins followed a simple pattern that he encourages other young bands to follow as well. “Just do your own thing,” Collins said. “Fame is a series of happy accidents, and all you can do is keep going deeper and working harder.”

Aside from music Collins likes to indulge in yoga. “It seems to really help the music,” Collins said. “Yoga opens you up in a lot of ways, and your creativity definitely benefits.”

When asked how Collins continues to find his job as a musician exciting, he said, “It’s tedious at some points, but the overall feelings and experiences it creates are well worth it.”
Collins encourages any music lovers to purchase his new album at the link below.
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/maxcollins

No comments:

Post a Comment